How to Respond to Recruiter on LinkedIn with Examples

 

    LinkedIn plays an important role in Job Search. Gone are the days when freshers and working professionals were worried about the job search. Due to LinkedIn, it is possible now to get in touch with the HR team of any desired company and apply for the role. LinkedIn has a special feature that it allows the recruiter to send your personal messages without any introduction and lengthy sign-up process. LinkedIn message option is easy and time saving in terms of recruitment.

          There are many ways by which you can reply to the recruiters when the HR person sends you a message. Communication skill plays an important role in email writing. Important factors such as sentence formation, grammar, spellings, way of greetings, subject specific and short explanation, etc. Grammatical errors and spelling mistake should be avoided in email communication.



Points to be remembered when replying to Recruiter-

1.    Don’t be in a hurry-Don’t reply to recruiter when you are in busy schedule. This may lead to grammatical and typo error.

Example-Missing few points when you are in hurry or replying in short time. Take a break from your busy schedule.

 

2.    Avoid Inappropriate word -Harsh language, improper word, double meaning words and sentences should be avoided in the email conversation.

 

3.    Think before you type- Your presence of mind plays a vital role in replying to a mail in short and specific format. Quick decision-making ability is reflected by your writing.

 

4.    Date and time- Please specify the date and time when are replying for any meeting,

Deadline or interview slot so that the recruiter will manage his/her time accordingly. This will minimize the miscommunication factor.

 

5.    Missing Attachment- Most of the time, candidate forgets to upload the attachment and again the recruiter has to take follow up.

 

6.    Fonts & Colors-Avoid Bigger fonts and Maximum use of Bold letters. Even colorful fonts give a negative impact on your profile.

 

7.    Reply in working hours- Try to give reply in working hours of the company to the recruiter. Avoid late night replying to mail.

 

8.    Gender- Please specify the gender of the Recruiter in mail. If you can’t guess the gender by name, please specify “Dear Sir/Madam”.

 

9.    Quick Response-Don’t wait too long for response. Reply should be given within 24 hours if possible. Please follow the given TAT.

 

10.  Greeting and Compliment-Formal way of greeting is must. Compliment must be given for the good work or reward.

 

11.  Personal email id-Use your personal email id while browsing on Company’s laptop don’t give your company id. Company’s email id can be easily traced by IT team.

 

12.  Be Polite-Don’t be rude with the recruiter. Even if you are not interested in offer, say no to the recruiter in positive way.

 

Different scenario in which you can give reply. Points to be considered are as follows:

 

·       When you received the offer letter from recruiter, and you are interested in the offer-

 

Hi (Name of the Recruiter),

 

(Use compliment such as) “Thank you for providing me the opportunity”

 

I would love to be part of your company. I accept your offer along with terms and conditions. Working for XYZ department is like a challenge for me.

 

 

Thanks & Regards,

(Your name & contact details)

 

·       When you are not interested in Role but interested in Company-

 

Hi (Name of the Recruiter),

 

“Thank you for providing me the opportunity but I am searching for different role in your organization”

 

I am actively looking for a new opportunity, I have attached my CV for your review. Please feel free to contact me directly at (phone number).

 

Best Regards,

(Your Name & Designation)

 

·       When you are neither interested in Role nor in Company-

 

Hi (Name of the Recruiter),

 

Thank you for the offer letter. I will not be able to accept your offer. The role is interesting and the work your company is doing is Phenomenal, I really like the company I currently work for. Henceforth, if I am looking for a job switch in the future, I will be in touch with you.

 

Thanks again,

Best Regards,

(Your Name & Designation)

 

·       When you are not searching for job but still get the offer-

 

Hi (Name of the Recruiter),

 

Thanks for reaching out. It seems like an interesting job profile. I appreciate your choice of selection.

 

I am not looking for any job currently. But I appreciate your effort of connecting with me. If any of my friends is interested, I will definitely contact you.

 

Thanks & Regards,

(Your name & contact details)

 


·       When you want to connect to the Recruiter through Telephonic Conversation or Zoom call (video conference)-

 

Hi (Name of the Recruiter),

 

Thank you for reaching out. I would like to talk with you on phone, and I want to thank for considering my previous job experience. I think I am fit for the role. Please let me know if there’s more information that I can connect with you on phone.

 

Thanks & Regards,

(Your name & contact details)

 

·       When the recruiter wants your updated resumes or any other clarification on resume-

 

 

 

Hi (Name of the Recruiter),

 

Thank you for reaching out to me again. I have attached my updated resume to this email. Please contact me if you need any other documents or clarification for the same.

 

Best Regards,

(Your name & contact details)

 

·       When the recruiter wants to schedule the interview call -

 

Hi (Name of the Recruiter),

 

Thank you for reaching out. I would like to discuss with you on phone. I am available for the given slot. Please let me know if any of those slot works for you.

 

Thanks & Regards,

(Your name & contact details)

 

 

·       When you want to take follow up of your interview/status of your interview.

 

 Hi (Name of the Recruiter),

 

I would like to know the status of my interview. I have given interview on specific date. Please let me know if I am shortlisted for the next round.

 

Regards,

(Your name & contact details)

Thank You for Reading the Post. I hope this information will help you to improve your Learning. Please comment if you like this Post.

Comments